1. The neighbors had an enormous party last night and the music was so loud that we could have had a party in our house and the sound quality would still have been perfect. At about 11pm, Anthony went next door to ask them to turn it down a little. We generally keep to ourselves, so we’d never really met them before. Turns out they weren’t very pleased about our request, so at 1am, I answered the intercom to a barrage of abuse and death threats. Quite scary!
2. It amuses me, and absolutely annoys me, when clients mark their emails as urgent and then take weeks to pay me. On the whole, this isn’t an issue I deal with very often, but I still feel some loyalty to some of the clients I had back in the day, before I got so picky about who I work for. I should know better than to go against my instincts with this.
3. One of the Hey Gorgeous formulators, sat me down for a little impromptu meeting. He was unhappy about another employee and concerned that if we didn’t resolve the situation, we’d be hexed! He grew up in Malawi, and the culture of witch doctors and magic is still super strong there. He spent quite a long time explaining to me what this person is capable of. It’s probably one of the more colorful conversations I’ve had.
1. The girl in the petrol station told me she liked my face when I was paying. “You look like a nice person. And the hair! I love your hair!”
2. Because of work, and the poops, I haven’t had a chance in the last couple of years to do any real traveling outside of South Africa. National cabin fever! So I’m thinking about taking a trip in Jan/Feb next year. Something snowy. Something very different from where I’d normally go. I’ve been organizing, and I’m starting to get really excited.
3. The babies are nearly a year old! I’ve been doing loads of throw backs over on Instagram. Sweet pea puddings. I can’t believe how quickly time has gone and how big they are now!